Wednesday, December 07, 2005



So we didn't have everyone here on Tuesday, but I went ahead and took a couple of group shots anyway. From left: Donald, Majid, Xavier, Bekka, Karesa, Leon, and Vanessa. We have a really great group, and I'm just hoping that we manage to pull off the first episode by the end of next week. The real challenge is going to be finishing up some of our segments with what little time we have left. As I've mentioned before, our first episode deals with stereotypes. I've found that skits have been the most difficult segments to produce, as they require the highest level of coordination in terms of actors and locations.

But we will prevail. The first episode will air January 2nd at 7pm on Channel 16. I've taken on a project to stream episodes of Set It Up on the SPNN website, so if you don't live in St. Paul or you do but you don't have cable, you should be able to check it out there. Hopefully I'll be able to work on that a little before I head home to see my awesome family in Bellingham, Washington (I'll be gone the 17th-30th, getting back just in time for Josh, Erin, Emily, and Ryan's Semi-Formal Dance-Rock-Themed New Years Blowout Extravaganza).

In other exciting news, the media committee is going to start (and hopefully finish) shooting our WiFi video project tomorrow. We will be doing much of the filming at Skyline in Saint Paul. Roxanne, our excitable committee advisor, cut through MetroTransit red tape and secured us a shoot at the 46th Street Station bus stop with our very own bus (we don't get to keep it or anything, but we're still excited). The structure of our piece is going to make coordinating with actors and locations a logistical nightmare, but you know what they say about AmeriCorps members: we get things done.

2 comments:

rox said...

I'm so excited to see the first episode of the show! Hooray for the Internet, because I live in Minneapolis AND I don't have cable.

Also, you should post pics from this Dance Rock themed party that you're going to.

As for the logistical nightmare that is the Media Committee project, it will be the greatest one of all. Just like Easy E (well, according to Wesley Willis).

j said...

big shout out, sweet. however, pics could be bad since i tend to well, yes. pictures are just bad.