Thursday, December 15, 2005


So I really should be editing video right now, but I wanted to post one last blog entry before heading home, and I'm not sure when else I'll have time to do this. I'll start in the present and work my way backwards. See those posters on the right? Those are the two framed posters I have hanging up in my bedroom representing two of my favorites bands: The Wrens and Okkervil River.

This Saturday, December 17th, I'm heading back home to Washington. I'm flying in to SeaTac and staying in Seattle with my lovely sister Karen and her husband Charles. This just happens to coincide with KEXP's Yule Benefit Concert. Guess who's headlining? The Wrens and Okkervil River. My head may explode. I'm going to do everything in my power to make it to that concert.


On to other, more work-related things. We shot our footage for the WiFi video project over the past two weeks. It was a difficult process, and it turned into a logistical nightmare. We ended up rewriting the ending. On a positive note, I think it turned out really well, thanks to the dedication and general awesomeness of the media committee (who I promise to go sledding with when I come back in January).


Our last shoot was on Tuesday, and I've been capturing and editing footage since then. I have a rough cut put together, but it definitely needs a lot of polish. All in all, it was a great learning experience. Thanks to Catherine for trusting us with her amazing video camera, lighting kits, and the like. I've posted a few pics from the experience. The first one is of Roxanne frozen in carbonite. The second is of Riley, Dave, Roxanne, and Huy filming in the playground at Skyline.
The last two were taken during our shoot at the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis. It was absolutely beautiful and absolutely freezing.

As if there wasn't enough going on this week, today is our studio shoot for Set It Up. I'm definitely excited. We did a practice shoot in the small studio on Tuesday, and it went fairly smoothly. Leon is our host for his episode, and he's a born entertainer. As voted on by Set It Up members, our set is going to consist of a low-to-the-ground coffee table and floor pillows and a backdrop of blue and red lighting. Since it's the last day of Set It Up before the winter break, we're going to have about half an hour at the end where we'll have delicious snacks from Bread and Chocolate and we'll hand out a couple of awards for perfect attendance. That's all for now, I have to get back to some sweet, sweet editing.

1 comment:

rox said...

Oh just wait til you see the view of Minneapolis from the sledding slopes, it is a sight to behold!

I can't wait to see the fruits of your labor on the sweet, sweet editing- if you think it turned out really well it must be mind blowing.

I hope you have a good break, and I can't wait to see episode one of Set It Up!