Tuesday, May 29, 2007

It has been a long weekend.


Mr. Barr graced us with his presence from Thursday night until about half an hour ago. Highlights:

  • Making Jeremy lie in wait behind a couch in Rox's garage to surprise Josh on his 25th birthday.
  • Making lamburgers. Seriously, this might be my new favorite thing-to-grill. Ground lamb, roma tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, baby spinach, pesto safflower mayo, toasted bun, sweet christ.
  • Josh's birthday party. Followed by: Biking home at 4 in the morning, watching Veronica Mars 6 hours later, waking up my friends and making them go to the triple rock with me for brunch, arguing about season 4 of the oc, learning to love bloody marys, napping in the afternoon and feeling amazing, driving lazy people home.
  • Finding a video game that Jeremy will actually play. No one can resist the allure of wii bowling. It also appears that erin/magnum's reign of terror may have drawn to a close.
  • Spending most of a day sitting/reading/napping/biking at Lake of the Isles, taking the occasional pull from Nalgene bottles filled with floating limes.
  • Making two pans (one vegetarian, one awesome) of tator tot hotdish. I seldom feel so Minnesotan or domestic.
  • Having several shoulders to cry on while watching the last episode of Veronica Mars ever.
  • Getting everyone together for beer lunch at Lyle's and using laundry quarters to buy novelty items "imported from the orient!" from the bathroom vending machine.
  • The impromptu deck party at Josh, Erin, and Emily's. Sometimes spontaneous, unplanned parties are the best. I wasn't planned, and look how I turned out!
  • Convincing Jeremy to stay an extra day.
  • Emily coining the phrase "death pants" to describe how she felt in the morning.
  • Making top 3 lists with Jeremy over breakfast at the CC Club. Top 3 breakfasts in the Twin Cities: Country Benedict from the CC Club, Crab Cake Benedict from the Highland Grill, and of course the Mother Trucker from Triple Rock (with tator tots substituted for home fries).
  • Receiving a several paragraph long e-mail from Matt about the Golden Girls - "no woman should be that tall - she's a giantess."
  • Biking. This has become one of the most rewarding elements of my life right now. I somehow even enjoyed getting caught in a torrential downpour with Jeremy and Rox on the ride back from downtown Saint Paul.
  • Finally getting around to updating my blog.

5 comments:

rox said...

aw for cute. I just realized that I probably wasn't there for over half of the highlights from the weekend, and yet I had to sleep for 11 hours to recover last night. how does that happen?

j said...

i came to your blog to berate you for consistently foiling my plans to procrastinate at work by not posting anything; needless to say, you've now foiled my plans to complain as well.

also of note: you may have been unplanned, but i'm not sure i'd call you a party.

Emily said...

So did you mean for the picture of me to be an example of 'death pants'? :)

asdfasdf said...

1. Lamburgers sound awesome.
2. I miss V. Mars...

Jeremy said...

If you imported your blog entries in Facebook, I would've read this three weeks sooner. Pretty bad ass blog entry if I do say so myself.