Monday, January 23, 2006


SPNN pics 227
Originally uploaded by kevinkalla.
As I'm still not feeling well, I left work early today to do some work at home. Tomorrow's my birthday, so I'm hoping to feel slightly less out of sorts come tomorrow morning. As for a progress report, things are going fairly smoothly at SPNN. We're still working on our fashion and clothing episode of Set It Up, and I've been very busy doing all sorts of small tasks (computer maintenance and the like). Also, I was involved in two presentations last week for CTEP. I use the word involved loosely. The first was a presentation that Roxanne did on teaching media literacy. Riley and I talked about the tools and techniques that companies employ in the creation of advertisements, but all of the credit for the presentation goes to Roxanne. Then on Friday, our committee did a presentation on media representations and the power of media to create change. This presentation was Dave's baby, but we helped position his discussion of representations of American Indians and the film In Whose Honor within a greater context of the power of the media. For having little time to prepare, I think our presentation went relatively smoothly. And while the film was exceptionally difficult to obtain, I think people responded favorably to it. All right, that's all for now. I've included a photo taken last month at the studio taping of our first episode. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1/24/06: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KEVIN!!

rox said...

this is your birthday song, it isn’t very long... hope you had a great b-day!