Tuesday, April 18, 2006


As Thomas Fuller once wrote, "I can't estimate how important the weather/ climate/ seasons are to me. When I get out and feel the sun on my skin, I feel great. It's as simple as that." Yesterday was gorgeous, a perfect 70 degree day in downtown Saint Paul. So, of course Bekka and Ivan wanted to shoot outside. And of course they wanted their location to be the park. And of course I volunteered to help them out. The pictures on the right were taken with the SPNN Youth Education Department's new camera, a Canon Powershot A610, that I picked out. I think it's been working really well so far, and I've been really impressed with the image quality.

On a different note, I'll be attending the Macalester Internship Reception today to represent SPNN. One of our interns, Zoe Holmes, is a mentor for the Set It Up show. Being a Mac grad myself, I thought this would be a fun opportunity to check out the old stomping grounds.

Yesterday I uploaded the Set It Up episodes to Google Video. They're awaiting verification, but once that process is over with, I'm hoping that this will solve some of the issues that people have been running into with archive.org.

On a more life altering note, I've reached the point in my service year where I have to start thinking about what's next. I've been thinking about applying to do another year with CTEP. I've also been considering moving back to Washington state. I do love my job, probably as much or more than anyone I know. However, I don't relish the thought of living on the stipend and food stamps for another year. Ah, the life of an AmeriCorps.

3 comments:

rox said...

Kevin-
Do it.

“Young people’s futures depend on having a human chain of adults-including family and neighbors-with linked arms ready to help them with real problems, remind them of their real potential and connect them to real pathways and possibilities. They need teachers who do youth work, youth workers who do teaching, family members who are advocates, advocates who dine with their families, peers who have hope and hope for their peers.”

-Karen Pittman, Forum for Youth Investment

asdfasdf said...

Maybe you could be a VISTA leader. You'd get to continue service, but you'd be rich, too. We know Rox is rich.

rox said...

Yes but I'm independently wealthy.
I suspect it has something to do with my transportation choices and the fact that I mooch as much as possible from my parents. They love it!