Thursday, June 21, 2007

Gone fishin


Yet another reason to like Minnesota during the summer - going up north to cabins. Last weekend we went up to Josh's cabin - 3 hours west, 1 hour north, and take a left at the cluster of pro-life billboards. You know what I like? Highlights!

  • Fishing was awesome. I grew up fishing with my dad and his dad - both Finns. Pretty sure fishing is in my blood. And look, girls can fish too!
  • Ok, so my camera ran out of batteries during fishing - that's the end of the pictures. Sorry. Try to imagine a picture of a delicious, overstuffed juicy lucy, because that's our next highlight.
  • According to Wikipedia, "A jucy lucy (or juicy lucy) is a cheeseburger having the cheese inside the meat patty rather than on top. A piece of cheese is surrounded by raw meat and cooked until it melts, resulting in a molten core of cheese within the patty." Mmmm... molten core. This was my first experience making one, but not my last.
  • What is it about road trips that makes me feel the need to buy ridiculous crap from gas stations? Emily, thank you for the chromed out necklace. You're welcome for the novelty air freshener.
  • We took a trip down memory lane, stopping by the Dairy Queen where, once up a time, Jeremy and I let a cute girl know that she could do better. In ketchup. Speaking of Jeremy, he's going on a date tonight with a girl he met on craigslist. Awesome.
I'm heading to Washington state tomorrow, where I will become an uncle. It's a lot of responsibility, this uncle business, but I think I can handle it. Now - to bike home and pack.

2 comments:

rox said...

girls may be able to fish, but we may never beat kevin's record for tiniest fish caught. that monstrous bass I caught certainly didn't.

Les said...

I've attempted to construct a homemade jucy lucy to no avail. The cheese never held together inside the pocket, but kind of dissipated out through the patty. Good, but no oozing burst of flavor.