Big news, everyone. I'm officially...
not an uncle yet! But if Karen were to have a child, I like to think that it would look something like the picture above. Even though the blessed event has yet to transpire, Washington has been a lot of fun. What have I been up to?
- Spending a lot of QT with the fam.
- Playing with Bella, pretty much the coolest dog ever.(Usually she has much more energy than in this picture)
- Trying to get my dad into the Arcade Fire. And my mom into the Pipettes.
- Reading - I've gotten through The Pirates! in an Adventure with Scientists (thanks rox!), Fight Club (thanks jana!), and The Invention of Hugo Cabret (thanks mom!).
- Buying these banging shoes:
- Sampling some of the finest hand-crafted gin the Pacific Northwest has to offer. Hand-numbered and made with wild juniper berries in Bend, Oregon, Cascade Mountain Gin is fantastic. It was fun to hear my mom exclaim, "95 proof? Oh my!"