Saturday, October 29, 2005


Mental Engineering (17)
Originally uploaded by kevinkalla.
In order to get more comfortable with the SPNN studio I have been helping out on a wonderful show called Mental Engineering. The show was created by John Forde and features a guest panel who deconstruct television commercials. Really fantastic stuff. It airs on a number of stations across the US, so look out for it.
I helped out on an episode today where I ran the jib cam. Here's a photo from today's show. Notice the lovely Leola Johnson on the left, my former advisor from Macalester College. While discussing a Starburst commercial featuring a Mariachi band in someone's mouth, she brought up bell hooks' theories on "eating the other." Leola rocks.

1 comment:

rox said...

Ah! Great slideshow of pictures, I love the one with the postcards because the one from my kids' photo show is in there! I also really love Keith Haring. His website for kids is full of great stuff- you can make your own coloring book!