Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Since it's the beginning of my fourth week and I've just started my blog, I'll give you a quick recap of the past few weeks. My job title here at SPNN is Youth Media Outreach worker. The vast majority of my time thus far has been devoted to doing outreach for Set It Up, a television show created by/for teens. I've sent out direct mailings, written countless emails, made phone calls like there was no tomorrow, and faxed more faxes in one day than I had in the past 22 years. My first full week at SPNN was a bit stressful, as my supervisor was out of town at the NAMAC conference. Baptism by fire. Was it worth it? We have about 50 applications right now, and we're looking for a team of about 12. So I think the outreach effort was relatively successful. On a personal note, I spent the past weekend at a cabin up north. I saw the Northern Lights, and I decided I want to grow out a winter beard. Awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool. the woods rule.